The Lead Program Developer is a vital member of the Masters team, responsible for creating our training programming. You will be helping Masters become the go-to app for training with the world’s top athletes to inspire our members to become their best selves.
- We champion world-class expertise – if you’re going to devote time and energy to train, you should train with the best.
- We deliver training, not “workouts” – training for focused goals delivers more successful results and greater fulfillment along the way.
- We leverage the power of social fitness – the social experience creates high engagement and long-term retention.
About the role:
As a lead program developer, you will be tasked with planning and designing training programs for the Masters App. You will need to leverage your training expertise, storytelling abilities and the ability to work effectively with other stakeholders: our Talent, their coaches and your colleagues.
Creating and testing goal-based, holistic training programs, at different difficulty levels, with weekly progressions whilst ensuring they are authentic and reflecting true training routines of our Talent. Working with a sharp eye for detail and the ability to consider the overall programming strategy, the Masters team will rely on you to deliver training experience to our users that’s effective, engaging, safe, fun and educational.
Driving program development from start to finish. From discussing the training objectives with the Talent and their teams, to creating a clear training plan, breaking it down into individual exercises, to developing an engaging authentic storytelling, to showing up at the content production to ensure all the training pieces are recorded correctly and in good form.
Comfortable dealing with celebrity talent and their teams. Amiable, flexible, creative, open minded, and kind but also demanding excellence, hustling, and driving strict delivery dates to make sure we get everything we need.
This role requires a dedicated approach to the job and delivering only the highest quality product. Efficiently executing the programs. Comfortable working in a startup environment, juggling many plates. Some projects may demand commitments outside this time frame to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with Talent and their coaches to structure their training practices into month-long, engaging and effective programs, designing and writing the training sessions, assignments, and overall experiences.
- Prepare programs for production — you'll create the blueprints that our Talent and production teams will follow when recording and producing their training content (video, audio, photos).
- Manage the program creation process: you'll go on set and help to ensure that all moves are done correctly and all knowledge is explained accurately.
- Write, and sometimes work with a copywriter to write, exercise audio cues, session descriptions, training notes, and instructions for each program — your words will be heard and read by participants all around the world and will be a core part of their program experience.
- Write sales-facing descriptions for each program, communicating their value propositions and helping Masters’ members find the right training programs for them.
- Identify new program opportunities and drive our overall program development strategy.
You will require a wide range of abilities and experience. These include:
- A strong track record of creating fitness / wellness training programming (for a health club / gym fitness studio, training app or similar)
- An in-depth understanding of training programming and engaging storytelling
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in high pressure and fast paced environments
- Attention to detail – your work will be a basis for the work by our product & content production teams – so there cannot be any ambiguity
- The ability to push a team to deliver high quality work
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and the existing product / production constraints
- A proactive approach to programming development
- Impressive communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to liaising with client
- Entrepreneurial & creative thinker
- An organized self-starter who can work autonomously, while collaborating with others from afar
- Result-driven, but can balance art and science when making decisions and measuring success
- Passionate about the fitness landscape and well-versed in industry trends and technologies
- Equally comfortable in a spreadsheet and a talent meeting
Benefits to expect:
- Join an international team that is working towards an ambitious mission but also like to have fun along the way.
- Comprehensive insurance – we offer comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance to take care of you and yours.
- Generous vacation package – we encourage our team to take time off to decompress and be their best.
- 401(k) retirement plan – plan and invest for tomorrow with a 401(k).
- Flexible work hours – there’s no one work schedule that fits everyone, so our work schedule is whatever fits you.
- Company retreats – we believe teams produce their best work when they can get to know each other and have fun in person.
- Remote work stipend – we’ll give you a monthly stipend to make sure you have the tools you need to get your best work done.
- Unlimited Masters programs – want to work out with the best? Commit to your training with unlimited Masters programs.
- Competitive salary and equity – we believe everyone at Masters should have ownership over their work — literally.
Please note: This position can be fully remote, but we expect you to be based in the United States and be able to travel to talent meetings and production sets when required.
Working for Masters
Work for us is a way of life. We always want you to give 100% but that doesn't stop at the desk. For us, dropping everything and doing a workout, hitting the trails, or catching a wave is just as important to our business as the bottom line. We thrive off adventure and pushing limits because the more you challenge yourself, the more you challenge us - and that's what we are all about.
Does this sound like you are in the right place? Apply now with a short personal statement (no more than 250 words) and your resume.
myCrew, Inc. d/b/a Masters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.